- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin puree
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl.
- Mix in the pumpkin, brown sugar, buttermilk, egg and butter until well blended.
- Pour into a 9×5 inch loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.