- 2¼ lbs. parsnips
- 4 fl oz vegetable oil
- 3½ fl oz maple syrup
- finely chopped herbs such as rosemary or thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the parsnips and then halve them crosswise, then halve or quarter each piece lengthwise.
- Place the parsnips into a roasting pan. Pour vegetable oil over the parsnips and mix well so that the oil covers all of the pieces.
- Pour the maple syrup over the parsnips and transfer the roasting pan to the oven. Roast the parsnips for 35 minutes, or until they are tender and golden-brown.
- To serve, place on a clean serving dish.