Best Dill Pickles EVER
(Easy – No Canning!)
- 1 gallon pickling cucumbers*
- 1/3 cup dried minced onion
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 6 bunches of fresh dill
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canning salt**
Wash and slice cucumbers lengthwise into spears. Add dill to the jars first, then put in the sliced cucumbers. (Some of our dill heads were large and we counted them as two.)
Boil liquids and all seasonings to dissolve the salt. Cool. Pour over pickles, cover jars with lids, and set on counter for three days. Occasionally turn the jars upside down and shake lightly. After 3 days on the counter, refrigerate overnight. Now try one! Crunch! YUM!
* Regular cucumbers have wax on them and will not work for this recipe. You can use pickling cucumbers from the grocery store as long as they are not waxed.
** Regular salt will not work for this recipe. You must use Canning Salt.