The role of the class parent is to support and build community within the classroom as well as to serve as a communication liaison between the classroom families, the classroom teacher(s), and the PTA. Class parents should make every family at PS107
feel connected to their class and school community.
Class Parent Responsibilities
Class parents are required to communicate with the class via Konstella for all announcements, sign ups and date reminders as well as:
• Meet with your teacher during the first week of school to discuss the teacher’s specific ideas and needs for the year
• Assist with classroom events and create event specific sign-ups like; Snack donation, Additional class supplies, Class parties, etc
• Publicise and assist with grade specific projects, events and trips
• Support the Auction by coordinating and/or creating a class art project
• Solicit volunteers for both classroom and school-wide events
• Support First Friday activities and be available to make announcements on behalf of the PTA. (If you cannot attend a First Friday, assign someone to make the announcement on your behalf.)
• Attend PTA meetings to keep informed on school/grade/class happenings and relay the information to the class families
Class Gift Policy
Check with your teacher about his/her preferences (some teachers do not accept gifts). The Chancellor’s regulations specify that any gifts given to a teacher(s) are to be from the entire class, regardless of whether the entire class contributed to the gift.
Class Parent Gift Policy
Class parents are not to accept gifts from their class. Nearly every parent in the school volunteers as much as their schedule allows. We want everyone’s time to be valued, which is why we host the Volunteer Appreciation Event at the end of each year.